The operation went very well and the girls recovered very fast and got very bored even faster. I continue to be somewhat amazed at the lack of organisation in Hospitals, a few examples follow:
- The welcome letter says to ring the ward before you leave home to check a bed is available, the letter says you need to arrive at the ward by 7:30, but in fact they don’t staff the ward until about 7:30. Not many people live that close to the hospital!
- When we arrived at the ward the notice above the WHITE phone said use the RED phone to request entry
- We arrived at 7:25, bearing in mind the fact that the letter said arrive by 7:30. However the ward did not open until 7:30
- The ward was only half full
- In the end they decided to close it and moved us downstairs into another ward
- The hospital have out-sourced the TV’s, Phones and Parking. Most of my interactions with the staff revolved around resolving issues with TV’s, Phones and Parking, and also private medical insurance refunds.
- Probably ½ of all nurse and doctor time was spent gathering and/or checking previously …