In my last update I was fairly up beat, my pain had declined a lot and I was feeling pretty positive in myself. I was getting lots of exercise, sleeping ok, and coping well with the fatigue. However just after that update I got a chest infection, this is what happened:
- Very quickly, as soon as I noticed that I was starting with a cold, I felt an increase in muscle and joint pain
- I went to the doctors 2 days after the cold started and he said I had a chest infection, probably as a result of my steroid suppressed immune system. I started on Antibiotics that day
- The antibiotics got to work quickly and my muscle and joint pain subsided in perfect step with my chest infection
- However my fatigue levels did not subside, in fact they increased
- After a week the chest infection was gone, but the muscle and joint pain started to come back
- After two weeks all of the chest/cold symptoms have gone but the fatigue is very bad and the joint and muscle pain still comes and goes through the day. My concentration is appalling.
- I …