I recently had the opportunity to try out a new way to manage and a record a meeting using my Tablet and OneNote, here is how it went:
- First I created a main page for the meeting, where I recorded the location, attendees, objectives etc
- The I created sub pages with all of the material that I had been sent about the meeting, embedded as background images, (drag and drop word documents onto OneNote and it provides this as an option). I was then able to quickly jump to these and mark them up if I needed to
- Then I created a sub page to keep my hand written notes
- Finally, I plugged in a $10 microphone on an 8’ lead, put it in the middle of the room, and recorded the whole meeting. As the recording proceeded, I made short handwritten notes when key points were made. The key thing is that I did not try to take thorough notes, just jot down a memory clue that I could use later.
- Because I did not take extensive notes, I could remain focussed on the discussion, which is a major benefit
- On the way home (I travelled …