Whats new in Longhorn Windows Desployment Services
WDS replaces RIS and adds the following:
Windows Deployment Services for Windows Server “Longhorn” Beta 1 includes several modifications to RIS features. These modifications support the deployment of Microsoft Windows Code Name “Longhorn” and Windows Server “Longhorn” operating systems. These changes include the following:
· Native support for the Windows PE as a boot operating system.
· Native support for the Windows Imaging (WIM) format.
· An extensible and higher-performing PXE server component.
· A new boot menu format for selecting boot operating systems.
· A new graphical user interface you can use to select and deploy images.
For more details check out the attachment.