Office SharePoint 12 Overview
Office System 12 is a huge improvement and represents probably the greatest opportunity for CSC. lets quickly look at the main areas of improvement.
- Major improvements in usability and consistency
- Reductions in TCO and DCO allowing CSC to drive down costs and minimum order quantity
- Major improvements in Extranet access, mixed Intranet/Extranet access and hosting capabilities
- Major improvements in ability to support real business scenario’s. The previous version demo’d OK but when you tried to use it for real business scenarios it failed to live up to expectations
- Major improvements in critical enterprise functionality, especially document management and workflow
- Offline support via Outlook 12
- Access from mobile devices (pretty basic, but useful)
- Emerging support for social networking, expert location, blogs and wiki’s – good enough to get started but no where near best of breed
- Great integration with Office client
- 4 Servers, in addition to Windows SharePoint Server. Excel Server, Index Server (crawler), Search Server (user search), Project Server.
More details in separate posts, coming soon