Sorry Ed but you are not a Scoble!
Ed Brill has one of the few blogs that evangelize what IBM is doing in the collaboration space, and it really bugs me that there are so few and that they rarely show much passion for the great products that IBM has in this area. Ed recently compared his blog to Robert Scoble’s and I am afraid this comparison doesn’t work for me for many reasons, for example:
- Robert was often brutally critical of Microsoft’s products
- Robert often invited controversy by talking about areas where Microsoft was weak and needed to improve as a company
- Robert truly evangelized new technologies, ways of working and cultural change not just within Microsoft but across the industry
- Robert pushed hard to make Microsoft more open and transparent
- Robert blogged on his own time and followed his own, not Microsoft’s agenda
- Robert’s blog was very comment rich, in fact many people – including me – read his blog as much for the varied opinion and discussion in the comments as his own content
Ed I don’t see any of these characteristics in your blog, for me your focus is on debunking Microsoft marketing, and I readily admit that you have some valid points to make there, I no for sure that most people would prefer you and your peers to blog about your great products and processes, to encourage a whole host of passionate developers, users and consultants working with your technologies to share their passion and expertise. Ed I want more blogs like Alan Lepofsky’s, but please Alan not more posts like this one!
Don’t get me wrong though Ed, thanks for writing, you are one of my best sources of info on all things IBM collaboration!