For the first time in living memory I’m taking two weeks holiday, well actually a week’s holiday followed by a think week. I’m going to be on the east coast, starting at Scarborough with the family and then moving a few miles down the coast to Filey for a week on my own.
It looks like we will be getting a fair bit of rain, so I will be doing a fair bit of reading! I’m making a reading plan while I wait for the car to be repaired in Caffe Nero, so I might as well share it here on my blog.
Paper non fiction:
- Prime Solution: Close the Value Gap, Increase Margins, and Win the Complex Sale, which I’m re-reading, I’m working on our business development strategy at the moment and this is one of the best books I’ve ever read on the complex sale
- On Looking: About Everything There is to See, a book about mindfulness, all to often we go through life on auto-pilot, this book shows us how to stop, pay attention and really see the world in all it’s glory
- An Officer and a Spy, I read everything by Robert Harris
- Elidor re-reading a book that changed my reading future back when I was a teenager
- The 2020 Workplace: How Innovative Companies Attract, Develop, and Keep Tomorrow’s Employees Today the first in a big stack of books that I need to work through on the future of work
- How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life, I’m 2/3 of the way through this book and I’ve learned more than in any other book I’ve ever read!
- Fools Fate, the amazing end to a life changing series of books, can’t wait!
- Rogue Code: A Jeff Aiken Novel, the latest book by the amazing Mark Russinovich, part novel, part text book in IT security.
The photo today is of the cliff top walk between Filey and Scarborough, this is where I will be listening to these books, when I’m not reading in a lovely cafe!