Home office update
I’m currently brainstorming ideas for my new home office, I spend about 6 hours a day in it right now, so its the most important (time wise at least) space in my life. Debbie and I currently share the room and I essentially have one quarter of the wall space, Debbie has two walls and the whole family share a wall of storage.
Now that I have insulated, lit and boarded out the loft we have a lot more storage space and Debbie will soon be getting her own garden room, which will be part office, part craft space and part chill out space.
Bottom line is that the room will become a real home office for me with lots of potential to create some more varied working environments, spread out a little, tidy up a lot etc.
I’m currently looking for inspiration, good sources here:
but right now these are a few of the things on my mind:
- a very comfy chair that I can relax in and read and work with my laptop on my lap
- a small two seater sofa
- an exercise bike
- a coffee table where I can lay out books and magazines I am reading
- a meditation cushion
- some plants
- an ioniser
- new art
- a larger central screen – I currently have three 19″ screens – but I work with a lot of large complex spreadsheets, presentation slides and documents and I would definitely benefit from more space probably 1600*1280 would do it
- a 4th small 1024*768 screen for screen sharing on web conferences, many people still have 1024*768 laptops and this would provide them with the best experience. My desktop has a spare video connection and I have a spare screen so it just space that stopping me
- reduce the amount of wireless radiation in the room, I currently have a wireless access point, 2 wireless laptops, a mobile phone and a DECT phone in the room and that’s a lot of radiation
- more inspirational visibility of books
- clearing the scanner and printer out of sight, I hardly ever use them, but they are important for the rest of the family
- a Polycom Skype communicator, once Polycom release Vista drivers