Should my Daughter study economics?
My eldest daughter – 15 years old – is doing some long range career planning and she’s been really struggling to find something she really likes. It’s not that she doesn’t enjoy school – she likes most subjects, and is predicted to get a good crop of A and A*’s. Her problem seem to be:
- She likes to see fast progress – so she has ruled out pure science
- She doesn’t like to design/make new things – even though she has won a national award for her design – so she has ruled out engineering
- She doesn’t like working with people that much, although she likes giving presentations – so she has ruled out management and the social sciences
What does she like!
- She likes research
- She likes maths
- She likes social and economic geography
- She likes ecology
- She likes report writing
- She likes producing and delivering presentations
- She likes doing analysis and interpretation
Anyway – if anyone reading has any other hints, tips, good sources of information or good contacts in the field of Economics please post a comment.