Windows Live Writer
This is my
first second test post with Windows Live Writer, it did not started off well, first I got an “Internal Server Error” returned from blogharbor, which Live Writer said needed to be corrected, on the second attempt it worked but I was told that a style sheet could not be downloaded (not sure if that is an issue yet). However the fact that I only had to enter my username and password and my blog home page made a welcome change, as Live Writer auto discovered everything else.
The user interface seems simple enough, slightly better than blogJet which is my current tool of choice. First impressions:
- Support for bulleted and numbered lists is better than BlogJet
- Support for drafts is better than BlogJet
- Real-time spell checking would be nice, not sure yet if it uses the Office dictionary
- Block quoting is easy, better than blogJet, but my preference is to block quote in italic.
- Image handling seems good. If you see an image top right, then image uploading works!
- Editing and managing existing posts seems easy